Saturday, May 23, 2009

M.I.A. on Real Time with Bill Maher

If you know me, you know that I REALLY like M.I.A. and when I found out she was going to be on Real Time with Bill Maher, I knew I'd find it somewhere on the internet. I did! It was on last night (I don't have HBO), so I had to do a search for it.

She did really well, speaking about the the minority group, the Tamil people, in Sri Lanka. She tell about her experiences attempting to leave the country and things the American pubic wouldn't hav known about otherwise. Many people think about countries like Somalia and Israel when they think about situations like this, but hopefully her appearance on the show will bring more attention to Sri Lanka. Maybe even get other countries to hold Sri Lanka responsible for its appressive treatment of the Tamil.

No comments: