Monday, March 24, 2008

Shut Up and Do It

Today, I had a wonderful conversation with superstar Law of Attraction Pracitioner Michael Losier. He has a show on the Oprah Station on XM Radio. He usually charges $500 for a coaching session, but since I attracted it, it cost me nothing but responsibility that comes with improving myself. I know I'm getting better every day, and my life is getting better every day. That's why I changed the name of my blog from "The Life of a Man Who Knows Better" to Better Every Day.
I know my life will get better every day and I'm putting it out to the universe (and praying for it).
Well, let me tell you about last weekend.
I went to work at my friend's tanning salon so that he could care for his b/f who is recovering from pneumonia. I was grouchy because I was REALLY tired. It ended up going very quickly and I hung out with said friend earlier. We went to Applebee's and then the Spur Lounge with Kevin (who was a nurse at the hospital where Gary's partner was when he had pneumonia). Surprisingly enough, they karaoke guy had Scissor Sisters songs on his playlist. Now let me tell you why this was a surprise. This Spur Lounge is on 55th Ave and Baseline in Laveen, AZ. This was a small farming community that was founded by mormons in the early 20th century. It's now grown to look more like a suburb of Phoenix. Anyway, we had a good time and I got some good applause for my rendition of "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'"

This girl came up to me and told me I had a great voice and then asked if I was gay. I asked what that had to do with it. Then she kind of felt bad, then I felt bad for saying it because she was buzzin'. Anyway, we had a good time and I later did "Laura" and then we left to watch Adam and Steve (which I've seen with Gary WAAAAAAY too many times).
Next day was the Storm car wash and we raised about $400. Not bad for washing a few cars on Saturday.

Happy Monday!

No comments: