Thursday, November 13, 2008

I DID IT!

Yesterday was the 10th day of my fast/cleanse. I'm still in a little bit of shock that I made it ten days without food, praise Jesus.

The total amount of weight lost as of this morning, when I woke up: 19 pounds!!!!!

I was hoping for 30, but expected at least 20. 19 is good enough for me! I started breaking yesterday at mid-day because I REALLY want to have the food of my people (mexican) tomorrow for lunch, so I am cramming a three day break into a day and a half. What can I say? I'm HUNGRY! Yesterday I started drinking orange joice with some maple syrup mixed in. It was so sweet that I had to dilute it 1:1 with water. Seriously, sweet drinks and foods are WAY too sweet for me now.

I do have to say that I am very proud of myself and I am glad Wayne talked me into doing it. It was worth all the laxative teas and shooting water out my butt after the salt was flushes, being deathly afraid to fart, the headaches, the toxic feeling and the cold symptoms on the last two days. I gained some calm and quite a bit of mental clarity. Best of all, my body has been detoxified!!!! WOO HOO!!!

I've decided I am going to go for that extra 20 pounds. My next goal is three pounds. I'm going to break it up into smaller, more attainable goals to reach the big picture. For now, I'd like to get down to 12% body fat. I'll decide from there how thin I want to be.

I also want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who supported me through this and talked me out of eating and drinking and told me it was ok when I had that teensy tiny sip of champagne at Jodie's weeding.

You CAN do it, too.

I've also heard the cleanse is really good for addictions like drugs, smoking and drinking, so if you have any of those problems and would like to quit, do it! And hit me up for some encouragement.

Mmm....some mixed greens sure do sound tasty right now.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Dear Christ, there's no way in hell I'd go for 10 days without food. I like my toxins right where they are, thank you. Toxins need love too, you know.