Saturday, November 8, 2008

Master Cleanse

If you didn't already know, Wayne (a co-worker and friend of mine) talked me into doing the master cleanse with him. The one where you drink a lemonade made with Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Cayenne Pepper. Before bed, you're advised to take senna leaf tea and in the morning a salt water flush (a liter of lukewarm water with a tablespoon of sea salt added).
I'm on day six. And you're right, the only thing I've ingested since Sunday night has been that lemonade and aside from what I listed above, a cup of mint tea (that was a serious treat).
If you're not familiar with Michael Losier, he wrote the book The Law of Attraction The Science of Getting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't.
Anyway, we hung out with him on Wednesday and he's a pretty cool guy to hang around with. We talked about me being on the master cleanse and that he's also done it about three times. He told me a little about what I shoud expect and explained that he was impressed by the fact that I as able to sit with people who eating and not eat a thing, myself.
Anyway, I went his seminar at Celebrate Your Life, with was wonderful. The part that was not so wonderful was that day five must have been the day your body starts kicking out some REALLY nasty stuff. I as bloated, REALLY bloated. I've also noticed on day 2 or 3 that my sense of smell has been dramatically hightened. I've also noticed I'm coughing up a LOT of mucus.
Anyway, I was fairly ok in the morning, but in the after noon, the gas decided for me that it would be making it's exit. I somehow managed to keep myself from running out of the Sheraton screaming like a tranny banshee and finished listening to the seminar. Luckily the people in front of me made hasty exit. After they left, I got up to try to leave and as I was walking away I let a very silent and even more deadly one slip out. I smelled. BAD! Anyway, Eric wanted me to talk with some other people that our Law of Attraction group meets in Tempe, to get more people to show up. Well, while we were talking, an other one slipped. I smelled SO bad, it smelled as though someone took a nasty shit in the middle of the room. It was time for me to leave.
On the bright side, Thursday was the last day the salt water flush would burn on it's way out (also called a "hot stool"), I read that when this happens it's because your body is kicking out A LOT of toxins.
By the way, I'm down 13 pounds since Monday. At this point, I'm wondering if I can make 14 days. I'm told that is the duration of time it takes to get rid of irritable bowel syndrome.

Hmmm.......

No comments: