Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This weekend and my sore butt

This weekend was quite a busy one. I did something on Friday night but at this time it escapes me. Hmmm......Anyway...Saturday was our second game against Yuma. Yuma is a team of straight guys, many of which are actively serving Marines (get you head out the gutter, if they were actively serving....never mind). They game was probably our best one against a straight team. I did have a problem though. My sprained wrist never completely healed and I decided I'd try to play. I managed to play five minutes. My wrist sprain took a hit when we were doing warm ups and I taped it so tight, I couldn't use it during the game. It was disappointing because I REALLY wanted to play this game. I guess I'll have to wait until we play Thunderbird again, which I'm not excited about because games against them always get ugly.
Anyway, off to the drink up. I had a lot of fund and Tony brought me some 3 Vodka. I didn't particularly care for it, but Shane (a half-Filipino, half-Irish friend of mine) said it was "Nice." Its vodka made from soy isolates. On a side note, Shane is from a part of the world that eats soy pretty often and he was in a college fraternity, so it's possible the combination of alcohol and soy may have been all he needed. Hehe....I know you'll get the joke, Shane.
I later went to hang out with Gary at the Spur Lounge in Laveen. I walked in in my rugby stuff and baseball cap on backwards, so the people he was with didn't recognize me right away. One of the owners came over and told me I had to turn my cap around. It ended up coming off and on for the whole night. I ended up doing a couple of songs on karaoke; Gary always wants me to do Scissor Sisters when I'm at Karaoke with him. What can I say, I have a tremendous falsetto. We ended up checking out the Silver Pony later on, but couldn't stay because I didn't bring my ID with me. Ooops.....

Sunday was Dancing with the Bars by Sway Events. It was a benefit for One Voice Community Center and it sold out. I was there representing Sports Out Loud and was given star treatment. I had a great time and the event was much better than what I expected (considering I didn't know WHAT to expect).
Of all the performers, JoJo from Amsterdam did the best job. She really kicked ass, so I HAD to vote for her. Congratulations JoJo. I also ran into Rocco. I've known him for a few years, he used to date a friend of mine; I still consider him a friend. He's always been very friendly and I do have to admit I enjoy his company.
I later ran into Andy (can't remember last name, but formerly of Matt and Andy). It was great to see him. He was in a VERY good mood and I had a great time hanging around with him and his friend (whose name escapes me, hmmm, this happens often).

I ended up finishing the night at Gary's house watching weeds.

So about this sore butt of mine. Tony and I changed our workouts again and it involved super setting. Reverse squats, sumo deadlifts, reverse decline squats, lunges, seated legs curls and leg extensions. I was walking like I had leg braces on by the time we were halfway through, but I did manage to hit that anabolic hot spot! I love that feeling. One thing that does happen which I don't like, is that I always get paranoid that I'm passing gas when I'm doing legs. I probably am. What can I do? I can act like someone else did it, that's what I can do.

Today, my butt is starting to feel sore and I have practice tonight. On the bright side, maybe I'll get all that lactic acid out.

PS-Please don't kill me coach Aime, I did legs last night and running is hard for bitches over 200 pounds.

No comments: