Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back on the Wagon

Today, I made myself workout again. The antibiotics I was on should be fizzling away as we speak and the muscle soreness and joint weirdness is going away. Since I haven't had much luck getting someone to commit to working out with me (other than Christina and Cade, and I can't commit to their schedules until I have my own car, back) I decided it's up to me to make it happen. I pulled out my P90X dvds and went to work. Since my weights are at Wayne and Jenny's I decided to workout that would put the least amount of stress on my joints and my ankle. I did core synergystics. Since it was the first time in a while I was able to do real workout, I did the weight-free version.
I will admit that p90X is very difficult, but that has to do with the fact that I'm carrying a lot of weight in my mid-section. Once I get that down, it will be much easier. I also feel really good about myself since having done it. I'm feeling very happy and accomplished. I also thank Tony for letting me use his ankle brace. Hopefully, I should be working out without it by the end of the week.
I plan to get back into the workouts full steam ahead once I move back out of my parents' house.

I'll keep you posted on how that goes. If I get started on it next weekend, I 'll be done with the 90 day cycle by summertime.

Which brings me to an other topic.

I plan to move out next week. It's a little strange to consider because me and my parents have lived together since I was 23 (five and a half years in my own house). I decided it was time to become more responsible for myself and get out and be my own man. I expect to have a lot of support since Jenny and Wayne are also very focused on being in shape, so I really think it's the right move. They're also not drinking alcohol, so I'm looking forward to their encouragement in doing the same, myself.

I have to get a couple of things to get sorted out this week so that move can actually take place, but I'll try to make sure those things are squared away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on working out again. Where do you work out at? I'm a YMCA whore. I go to the downtown location. I usually work out with Gina, owner of The Paisley or by myself.

Oh...added ya to my Twitter list!

See you tonight!

*CHEERS*