Monday, October 13, 2008

I Love Joan Rivers

This weekend I was watching LOGO and a Joan Rivers Special is on. I lover watching Logo late at night because people actually curse. Anyway, audience members were able to ask questions and Joan would respond.
I just want to let you know that I have been a fan of Joan Rivers since I was a kid. I used to stay up and watch her late night show because I used to just love watching her. I also have to point out that I somehow make connections with older jewish women. They tend to be really smart-assed women with a great sense of humor and they really don't give a shit who gets pissed off about what they say. Anyway, one thing that really impressed me about this particular show was that she mentioned that one thing she always does is tell the truth. I really respect her for telling the truth because it can be very difficult for people to do.
In honor of Joan Rivers I'm going to be honest with you. I've had a drinking problem. I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but when I do drink I drink too much and in a few cases, this has gotten me in some trouble. In other cases (by the grace of God) I've narrowly stayed out of trouble. Last week I decided to ask for help from a few friends and was happy to see they were willing to be available for me to do things that don't involve going to a bar.

Thank you Joan Rivers, your honesty helped me.

PS-My first performance as a member of the Laveen Baptist Church Choir is this coming Sunday. I'm REALLY excited!

No comments: